The CTP 4 and CTP Online provide percentile and stanine comparisons to national, suburban public, independent school, and association norms. All norms continue to be available with our CTP Online packages, and are now available with our new reporting packages for the CTP 4!
Fall Norms: September 1 - February 28
Spring Norms: March 4 - July 31
For access to the CTP Fall and Spring Norms, please log in to the CTP Portal to view and download the norms books. If you do not yet have a login to access the CTP portal, click here for additional information or contact the CTP Operations team at
National Norms (NN):
- For levels 3 through 10 for spring and fall test-takers.
- NN permit comparisons of individual or group performance with the national population, with schools in all 50 states in areas including: Urban, rural, suburban, large and small, high and low socioeconomic groups.
Independent School Norms (IN):
- Available for levels 1 through 10 for spring and fall test-takers.
- The average of the most recent three years of testing by independent school CTP 4 users throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Suburban School Norms (SN):
- For levels 1 through 10 for spring and fall test-takers.
- The average of the most recent three years of testing by more select suburban public school CTP 4 users throughout the U.S..
Note: This varies from the broader national norm.
International School Norms (OI):
- All overseas international schools are included in the norms base.
- The average of the most recent three years of testing by schools.
- All members outside the US are automatically included in the norm.
Association Norms (AN):
- Represent a self-defined group of schools in a region, an association, or a consortium of schools with common interests or student populations.
- Average of the most recent three years of testing by the schools in the association
- If your school would like to explore this option, contact ERB directly at
- Available for the district (DI, if applicable), the school (SC), or the class (CL) .
- Enables comparison of an individual student with his or her cohort group
- Local norms are not reported on parent reports.
To order the CTP or CTP Online, click here.