Introducing ISEE Online
Introducing ISEE Online
Admissions assessment with online convenience
ERB’s ISEE continues to deliver excellence in admission assessment, and now offers schools and families even greater choices and flexibility. The ISEE Online is the same test—with the same high standards-- as the time-honored ISEE, and has the convenience and additional options available as part of online administration.
With ISEE Online, students will have the ability to complete admission testing online with the convenience and security of web-based interaction. In addition, schools, applicants, and their families will enjoy:
- Choice of testing format for schools and families that best fits their needs: The Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) for entrance to Grades 5-12 is now available online, in addition to the traditional paper version.
- New opportunity to assess younger students with a reliable, secure online assessment specifically designed to measure early learners’ achievement and reasoning in reading and mathematics. The online ISEE Primary for entrance to grades 2-4 is child-friendly, with colorful illustrations, enhanced question types, and an age-appropriate, unscored writing sample.
- Testing availability around the corner and around the globe, allowing more families greater options to meet a school’s application deadlines. ERB’s one-of-a-kind partnership with Prometric (a subsidiary of ETS) provides testing alternatives for schools with a limited numbers of computers and/or applicants in remote locations. Click here to see a list of the Prometric Testing Center locations around the world.
- Administration of the ISEE Online is possible for just one student or many - any day of the week, no advance notice necessary. This "on demand" test administration option offers flexibility to member schools and their families, while maintaining enhanced test security.
- Reliable assessment now available for students of all ages. With the introduction of the ISEE Primary online assessment for applicants to grades 2-4, the ISEE enables schools to have consistency in their admission practices for entrance to grades 2-12.
- Greater choices for ERB member schools and families, with innumerable test locations and date options for ISEE Online through the Prometric partnership.
- Online or paper administration-- either option available to an applicant-- creating a customized approach that fits the needs of a school and its students.
- Individual Student Reports (ISRs) and essays delivered online within 2 business days, enabling schools and families to make more timely decisions.
- Time saved: ISEE Online allows for digital delivery of testing materials and reports, thus expediting the entire testing timeline. With this online modality, shipping materials is no longer necessary.
- Easy testing during off-season and unscheduled visits: With ISEE Online, “on-demand” test administration availability provides unparalleled convenience for schools, parents, and students alike.
- One-to-one customer service to support member schools administering and using the ISEE Online in their admission process.
- Secure, rigorous and age-appropriate admission assessment. Whether online or in paper/pencil format, all levels of the ISEE (Primary, Lower, Middle and Upper) deliver an unsurpassed measure of student achievement in reading, mathematics and writing.
- Deciphering student handwriting no longer a challenge. The ISEE Online allows students to write their essays directly on the computer.
- Answer sheet errors eliminated! Students simply click the correct response on the computer screen, eliminating the need to track answers and the potential for “bubbling errors.”
The ISEE Primary is now here!
In addition to the ISEE being available online for Grades 5-12*, the new ISEE Primary for entrance to grade 2-4 is now available exclusively online. To learn more about the new ISEE Primary, click here and select the appropriate grade for additional information.
* Entrance to grades 5-12 will be available in both traditional paper/pencil and online modalities.
If you are interested in becoming a test administration site for the ISEE--including for the new ISEE Primary-- please download the pdf form. Please note: ISEE Primary is available exclusively online, and may be administered only in a closed ISEE test administration site.